Who we are
- We are a small business serving clients who want to achieve more by making their products, services, or messages available in other languages. Since 2005, we have been providing high-quality translations to make that happen.
- We are a team of experienced translators, editors, and project managers. Every translator and editor on our team has an equivalent of a Master’s Degree in English or Linguistics from a respected university.
- We rely on in-house translators and editors, as well as trusted freelance translators. We will never outsource your translation to a sweatshop translator in India or China who learned Russian or English as a second language.
- Our experience truly makes a difference. We have 7+ years of experience—much more than required to master a profession according to a common belief. This saves you time and money that you would otherwise waste working with inexperienced vendors who are good at selling translations, but not at doing them.
Obsession with quality
- We believe in high quality. Selling low-quality translations no longer makes sense, because anyone can get them for free by using Google Translate. Do not waste your time coming to us for a rock-bottom price. There are hundreds of agencies out there who put low prices first and quality second, and you are better off contacting them.
- Velior is an especially good choice for clients with complex projects who expect both top quality and reliability. Anyone can translate a project with 100 uneditable PDFs, but few can do it as professionally as we can.
- Our goal is to be among the top 5% of the translation providers in our niche. By increasing our rates over time, we have been able to move from the “make up on volume what you lose on price” model to a quality-centric model. Starting from charging as little as one cent per word back in 2004, we have increased our rate 10-fold.
- Our strategy is very simple. We prefer to translate one project well rather than two projects poorly.
We truly love our clients.
- We put customer service first. We make it our job to provide you with the best customer experience. Among other things, we want to delight you with replies that are fast and to the point, high availability, and eagerness to take on challenging tasks.
- We follow Warren Buffet’s philosophy of keeping the costs low so that we do not transfer them to you. Our price might be higher than the market average, but we always charge only what it really takes and never inflate the bill.
- Regular clients receive various benefits, such as discounts.
We are almost geeks when it comes to translation technology.
- For translation, we use the program OmegaT. OmegaT is not only a great translation memory tool, but also an open-source one, so you can use it, too, if you need to work with us more closely on your translation projects, for example reviewing the translations we do for you against the source text. OmegaT supports virtually all file formats.
- With OmegaT, we can arrange simultaneous work by several translators to improve translation turnaround with less inconsistency than normally results from splitting a project among several people.
- For translation management and administrative tasks, we use a system called XTRF, which allows you to easily place and track projects as well as invoices.
Our team members
These are some of our team members:
Roman holds the equivalent of a Master’s Degree in English Language and Literature with honors from Ivanovo State University. He has been active in the translation industry since 2004. He is responsible for overseeing translation processes, doing QA for important projects, and helping everyone on the team do a better job.
Olga holds the equivalent of a Master’s Degree in Russian Language and Literature with honors from Ivanovo State University. She has been a proofreader and editor since 1993. Olga joined Velior in 2006 and has grown from monolingual proofreader to bilingual editor since then. Olga is responsible for editing and helping other translators and editors produce high-quality translations.
Vladimir holds the equivalent of a Master’s Degree in English Language and Literature from Ivanovo State University. After joining Velior in 2008, he has become one of the leading translators in our company. In addition to his main duties as a translator, Vladimir is responsible for optimizing translation processes.
Ekaterina holds the equivalent of a Master’s Degree in English Language and Literature with honors from Ivanovo State University. After joining Velior in 2006, she has progressed from a project manager to account manager. Ekaterina works closely with clients to ensure better customer service.
Egor holds the equivalent of a Master’s Degree in Project Management from Ivanovo Chemistry University. He has been with us since 2006. Egor manages many translation projects done by Velior, making sure that everyone on a project team works efficiently.
Anastasia holds the equivalent of a Master’s Degree in English Language and Literature with honors from Ivanovo State University. She is a leading translator and editor at Velior.
Getting to know us better
Our blog is the best source of information about what it is like to work with us. One of the main ideas behind the blog is explaining why translation quality matters and what specific steps you need to take to get high quality.